Wednesday 19 October 2011

Medal time!

Let's get straight to the point: I ran a personal best, in the rain, full of cold and asthma, with a section of cobble stones and with a hill in the last 700 metres. It went really well, I loved every minute (even the cold and the hill), and I felt like I ran with my heart. Happy happy joy joy.

I'd like to do a lovely post telling you what it was like in Istanbul, with photos and funny anecdotes but I'm awfully tired. I came home (from the airport) late last night and ran a few kms. I went to work this morning, until the evening, and ran home 8kms. None of this was hard or tiring but sitting down to write a blog, to fundraise, to "build community" - that's pretty tiring. I need to think of who I am fundraising from, start writing for them, start researching more about Freedom from Torture and their work, start being a bit grown up about my expression of the running journey so I can somehow move people to part with cash. It's all quite exhausting, not least because that's pretty much my day job!

So I'm just going to say that I had a wonderful time in Istanbul and will tell you more in between running sleeping and raising money. All while wearing my medal.


No comments:

Post a Comment