Sunday 15 January 2012

Hills

I was supposed to run 25km today. I was so tired from yesterday I went to bed in the middle of the day feeling hungover. And I wasn't. Pity.

I went trotting off to Hampstead Heath way. I recalled a small sharp hill (Childs Hill) on the way and thought it would be ok to walk it. I was pleasantly surprised that I could run it. But then I couldn't do the next hill very well. By the time I got to the park I had lactic acid burning in my legs and a lot of trails with hills. I tried to turn my run into hill training.

It was really pretty out in the park but there were tonnes of tourists and posh people, not my favourite crowds. So I ended up running out rather quickly and running through Hampstead - between brasseries, Marc Jacob stores and children demanding Carluccios. Hell on earth really.

So I consider today 15km of hills and fartleks. I wasn't knackered and I could have kept running but my calves were killing from the hills and my technique was getting sloppy so I treated myself to an early finish.

I better get better at hills before the Hastings Half which seems to have edged onto my calendar. Apparently it's full of them... I must find out if Hastings also has posh people.

No comments:

Post a Comment