Tuesday 24 January 2012

Cheering from the sidelines

I get a tremendous amount of support from the twitter running community, something I've stated on this blog before. I've never been a member of a running club, so I can't compare it. But everyone is really friendly and no one has never annoyed me and you get lots of great running advice, support cheering and everything. All in 140 characters. Tis awesome.

I've had a couple of days off twitter and it's actually been really difficult to get motivation especially when I am this stage of my training (one week till taper). I really miss knowing how many people are out there, getting up early, eating carbs, getting stuck in sports bras, having fun, feeling elated and all the other highs and lows of running.

Anyway I was very grateful that in my twitter exile a friend said they would do a certain amount of exercise at the same point I would do my run, and another is going to run their first 15km the day I run 50km.

Hooray for being all in it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment